Turmeric Can Heal The Body If It Can Only Stick Around Long Enough
We usually prepare turmeric as a powder or as an extract to eat it.
However, it’s important to be aware that studies have shown that turmeric has a low absorption rate in the body and is rapidly metabolized by the body.
These two factors leads to the body not even being able to significantly use the turmeric that we eat in a way our bodies can extract all of its health benefits out of it.
In addition to these factors, the active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, wherein much of its health benefits lie, can be damaged by prolonged heat exposure.
So there is a way to prepare it in cooked foods to retain its effectiveness.
Below I have listed 29 amazing health benefits that turmeric has in the body. But before you can even experience its 29 health benefits, here is what you need to know when preparing your meals with turmeric so that the body can use it.
How to Eat Turmeric In A Way The Body Can Use It
1. Black pepper – Piperine, which is the key chemical in black pepper, aids the absorption of curcumin, which is the active ingredient in turmeric, and thus increases the amount of curcumin that the body can absorb. So if you are cooking with turmeric, be sure to add some black pepper to the food.
2. Mixing with fats – One of the main reasons behind the low-availability of curcumin in the body is due to its low solubility in water. Therefore you can mix turmeric with oils, such as coconut oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil etc.
3. Mixing with quercetin – Quercetin is a plant pigment (flavonoid) that is found in many plants and foods, such as red wine, red grapes, onions, green tea, apples and berries. Quercetin inhibits a certain enzyme that deactivates curcumin. Fruits with a dark red or blue color have the highest quercetin content. These include cranberries, blueberries and black plums. Vegetables that include quercetin are red leaf lettuce, raw kale, chicory greens, raw spinach, sweet peppers, snap beans and raw broccoli.
Read full article here.
Whenever you use turmeric, a little does a lot. It only requires a half teaspoon in any single-serving recipe to get enough of it in your body to do its job.
When cooking with turmeric, add it after cooling the pot down a bit to retain all of its 29 health benefits. You can also use it as a rub or add it to cold dishes. Try turmeric in juice or smoothie recipes to guarantee all its effectiveness stay intake.
Here are 29 health benefits that have been proven in clinical trials to be attributed to eating turmeric.
29 Ways Turmeric Heals The Body
1. Helps to Prevent Cancer – Use turmeric in conjunction with other anti-cancer foods in a healthy lifestyle designed for optimal health and longevity.
2. Eases Arthritis Symptoms – While there is no cure for arthritis, when taken regularly turmeric can help reduce the symptoms associated with it, and is best used as part of an overall arthritis management strategy.
3. Soothes Upset Stomach – Turmeric can be used to help calm digestive trouble and get your stomach feeling good again.
4. Helps Prevent Prostate Cancer – Turmeric has been shown to help prevent prostate cancer, the most common cancer for men other than skin cancer.
5. Helps the Heart Stay Healthy – Keep your heart healthy with a regular dose of turmeric for less arterial plaque and a healthier cardiovascular system in general.
6. It’s a Natural Fat Burner – Turmeric can help to boost the body’s metabolism, helping to break down fat even when you’re sleeping
7. Helps in Preventing Alzheimer’s – Use turmeric as part of a long-term approach to preventing Alzheimer’s, or as a way to help improve a preexisting condition.
8. Treats Depression – Those susceptible to the signs and symptoms of depression may find that they feel better with regular usage of a turmeric supplement.
9. Helps to Lower Cholesterol – If you’re battling with high cholesterol levels, give turmeric a try as an all-natural way to help bring them down.
10. Helps the Skin – As a topical treatment for skin it has been shown to help with everything from acne to stretch marks to wrinkles.
11. Helps Prevent Childhood Leukemia – Recent research has shown that turmeric can be an effective preventive measure against childhood leukemia, as well as other cancers.
12. Helps with Diabetes – If you are at risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes or already have diabetes and are looking for natural ways to lower your blood glucose levels, try supplementing with turmeric.
13. Protects Against Free Radical Damage – Turmeric can become a part of your daily intake of foods containing antioxidants to fight the daily battle against free radical damage.
14. Works as an Antiseptic – If you find yourself without a conventional antiseptic when cleaning a wound, you can use turmeric paste to get many of the same benefits.
15. Helps Bowel Disorders – Turmeric has a soothing effect on the bowels, helping to calm them down and get them to function as they should.
16. Headache Remedy – If you suffer from regular headaches you can use turmeric as an all natural remedy.
17. Detoxes the Liver – The liver is vital to the proper functioning of all of your other organs. Treat it right and you’ll experience trickle-down benefits in your important systems.
18. Acts as an Anti-Inflammatory – It’s important to keep the body free from an inflammatory state. Turmeric can help bring balance to the body and ease the symptoms from several inflammatory conditions.
19. Boosts the Immune System – Using turmeric regularly can help your immune system stay strong, increasing the chance of maintaining or establishing good health, and decreasing the chance of an illness such as the flu or more serious diseases.
20. Prevents Pancreatic Cancer – Turmeric can help with several different forms of cancer, but shows plenty of promise in helping to prevent and reverse pancreatic cancer.
21. Helps with Cystic Fibrosis – With your doctor’s supervision you may be able to use turmeric supplements to help treat cystic fibrosis.
22. Lowers Blood Pressure – Turmeric can play its part in your approach to lowering your blood pressure naturally through dietary changes and lifestyle adjustments.
23. Prevents Colon Cancer – If you are at high risk for developing prostate cancer, you can use turmeric as part of a multi-pronged strategy to try to prevent it.
24. Helps with Diarrhea – Turmeric can help stop diarrhea, and prevent it in the first place when used correctly.
25. Lowers Cortisol Levels – You can use turmeric as a natural way to reduce the amount of cortisol in the body, thereby helping to find a natural weight.
26. Provides Pain Relief – Add turmeric to your daily diet and start getting the benefits of pain relief. If you don’t notice any change, try using turmeric supplements for higher doses.
27. Helps with Multiple Sclerosis – Turmeric is showing promise as an all natural way to fight the advancement of multiple sclerosis.
28. Provides Better Digestion and Elimination – Turmeric helps to cleanse the entire digestive system, and acts as a diuretic so you’ll have an easier time with elimination.
29. Antibacterial Properties – You can use turmeric as a way to keep the body free from harmful bacteria like e. coli and staph infections.
Read full article here.
It would be a shame to arrest all of these benefits of this amazing natural medicine by cooking it to death.
Experiment with different ways to prepare turmeric to add spice to the spice.