Chia Seeds are a Tasty Super Food Rich in Minerals and Fiber.
Here are 11 reasons to add chia seeds to your diet.
1. Chia seeds are nutrient dense with very low calories
A 1 ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains (1, 2):
Fiber: 11 grams.
Protein: 4 grams.
Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s).
Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
Read full article here.
2. Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants.
3. The carbs in chia seed mainly come from their fiber.
4. Chia seeds are a high quality protein source.
5. Because of chia seeds protein and fiber content, they may aid in weight loss.
6. Chia seeds contain more Omega 3 fatty acid than salmon.
7. Studies show that chia seeds may improve metabolic health resulting in a lower risk of heart disease and Type 2 Diabetes.
8. Chia seeds are high in nutrients necessary for bone health, calcium, magnesium, protein, and phosphorus.
9. Studies have shown that chia seeds can improve Type 2 Diabetes.
10. Chia seeds have been shown to improve athletic performance as well as sports drinks can.
11. Chia seeds can easily be added to you daily food intake.